Friday, December 01, 2006

2 months

At two months Quinton likes to stand, he has pretty good head control, though I still get headbutted several tims a day. This doesn't bode well for me in the future. I am hoping since he loves to cuddle so much he won't be quite as active as Alex was. He's gone from baby acne to cradle cap and if he's at all like Alex that means he'll start losing hair soon.

Poor Alex yesterday was playgroup and we hosted. He's actually pretty good about other kids playing with his stuff. The only place he has trouble is at the train table. He's fine if all they do is run cars around the track, but once they start taking it apart he looses it. It was the girls who tortured him this time. Almost all the boys in playgroup are like him now and they pick a side and run the trains around. I had to put Alex in a time out to get a hold of himself (been doing that a lot lately, don't use them for punishment any more, taking stuff and privledges away seems to work better for that) He comes back and plays for a while then a couple of the girls start taking the entire track apart, on was even lifting a whole section of it up over her head. Every time he screamed or cried she'd lift it back up again. Poor kid, I had to carry him out of the room before he had a total break down. I was all prepared to make him take his nap but he calmed down once we got to his room. He was fine the rest of the time everyone was here. He even showed his room to one of his torturers.

We moved Alex to his new bed in May and at naptime I put up a gate. For some reason he doesn't come out of his room at night. Once the sun is up he does come out, so some mornings I get woken by a cheerful "Hi Mommy, whacha doin mommy?" I found though that if I didn't gate him in at naptime he would wander around upstairs getting into stuff in my room. Closing doors doesn't help because he has no trouble opening them. So today I hear "help Mommy, help Mommy!" Where do I find him, stuck trying to climb over the gate. I guess that means the gate is going to be useless soon. :sigh:

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Do they still make the baby safety door knob deals? We used them and it really helps.

Wow, two months already!