Tuesday, December 12, 2006

You would think it would be Quin keeping me up, but Alex has always been a lousy sleeper. Sunday nght since he still had diarreah,we decided I'd call the doctor in the morning. Overnight cinched it. The first three days it only showed up at his regular BM. So I called the doctor's office when they opened at 7am. They tell me there's nothing they can really do for him but the nurse said she'd have one of the doctors call to give me timps on dealing with it. Seems there is a stomach bug going around and in kids the diarreah can last 7-10 days. As long as he's eating and drinking there isn't much to do. They said bring him in if a) I saw blood in the stools or b) it lasted longer than 10 days. N eedless to say yesterday was horrible. He went through three pairs of pants and two shirts.
(sorry typing one handed, Quinton refuses to sleep unless held or rocked and my leg is cramping)
This is all really messing with Alex's sleep. His naps have been maybe an hou and a half. That's half his normal nap. Combine that with waking several times at night and still getting up at 6am, you have one tired monkey. He was acting up so bad we put him to bed before dinner. He seem to be feeling better though, he was actually cheerful for a few hour this afternoon.

No comments: