Monday, November 27, 2006

Quinton cracks me up sometimes. He's such a calm laid back baby, but whooo what a temper he has. When something happens that he doesn't like, such as diaper changes or we take a couple minutes too long to get to him or the car isn't moving fast enough, he just screams bloody murder. Then once he gets what he wants the cries will be cut of mid scream. I might even get a smile.
Today was no exception we had his two month appointment today as soon as I started undressing him he started screaming. Turned red in the face. I did get him calmed down but he started crying again when the nurse weighed and measured him. After she left, I nursed him for a bit, then just held him while I helped Alex find red car (Lightning Mcqueen) in the Cars look-n-find book. Talked with the doctor then once he was on the exam table he was screaming again. All hell broke loose when the nurse gave him his shots though. Poor bug has been crying off and on all day.
It' such a different reaction from Alex's to shot. He gets mad too but he sleeps most the rest of the day. When he was this age it was the first extended break I got because he slept mostly in 45 minute catnaps and maybe two hour at a time over night. So having my sleeper not sleep was a bit of a surprise for me. We've got him settled for the moment but I may wake him to feed him and give him a bit more Tylenol and hopefully he'll give me his usual 4 hour stretch for the first past of the night.

No comments: