Thursday, December 07, 2006

I sometimes think cuteness is the only thing that keeps kids alive until they can survive on their own. They just have to flash a smile and mommy's heart melts.

I really wish we could do a family portrait again for Christmas this year but it's impossible to get Alex to sit for anything posed right now. I've heard the magic number is 4 for really reasoning with kids, just over a year until we hit that milestone and of course the second one will be on the move by that point. :sigh: I hope when we go see my dad in Feb/Mar between him and Ken they can rig something so we can get one of the four of us.

Today's playgroup we took a trip up to Longwood gardens for their holiday displays. Kelly, the mom who arranged it suggested to everyone that they should come back up some week night evening to see it all with the lights on. I think I can convince Ken to try that over his break. It's only and hour trip. Took me longer to get to Laurel sometimes, when I was working there. And I even took the backroads instead of 95.

Alex was so fun to watch, with his pack of girlfriends. (He was the only boy other than Quin) It worked out really well I put Quin in the baby Bjorn with a couple of heavy blankets and brought the stroller for when Alex wanted rest breaks. Quin slept almost the entire time we were walking around. Both my kids got the keep moving gene from somewhere. I know that neather one is/was happy unless the car was goin at least 40mph. So driving them around to get them to sleep would not practical if I'd ever even consider something like that. I'd have to be out on 95 constantly. Alex loved the bouncy seat, Quin loves the swing.

When we were at Hallmark the other day, he was happy as long as I was wandering around looking for cards but as soon as we got to the check out and I had to set him down, he was screaming. And he continued the entire time I was at the register, but as soon as I picked up the carrier, silence. The store clerk was laughing because of it. So today when I put him in the bjorn he was crying as I was getting everything out of the car because two kids under three means you need to take stuff with you if you're out more than an hour. Once I started walking he stopped fussing.

I forgot how much laundry babies generate. Alex was spit up king, Quin seems to be blow out king. I'm hoping the size change in diapers stops this. At least soaking everything in oxyclean seems to get rid of the stains.

So this weekend I have to go back to B&N to get the stuff I have on hold because employee appreciation days start. I need to finish decorating the house. And I need to wrap & pack the stuff that has to be sent out. My Christmas cards should be here by the 16th so if I get lables done before then it'll just be stuffing envelopes. That's all I can think of right now. ....

No comments: