Monday, December 18, 2006

sweet things?

Well I kind of got a start on my holiday baking or should I say sweet making. Saturday I got three batches of fudge made, Chocolate, chocolate-peanutbutter and chocolate coffee. I have to work a bit on the coffee one. Need to add more coffee next time could barely taste it. Sunday I made snickerdoodles, I had planned on making two other types of cookies as well. Didn't happen.I gave Alex his normal nap count down starting at noon. And at 12:30 he was practically falling asleep on the couch. But as soon as I got him upstairs he decided he wasn't going to sleep. Just as I decided to let him out, it got quiet, and this was close to 4pm. If he had just taken his nap he would have been up and playing by that time. :shake:With only an hour nap he when to bed early but even then he was fighting sleep. Its funny I think he realizes that Quin won't be going anywhere. When he calls from his room for attention, like a cup of milk, his litany is now "mommy, daddy, baby brudder"

Last night Ken and I had or evening cup of tea before bed. Ken drank his. I had finished getting all the Christmas cards adressed and stamped. Iwent over my desk to finished up on the computer and moved my cup to the table next to the couch. Got up to do a couple other things then sat down on the couch. My tea wasn't there. I thought maybe I imagined things and hadn't put it on the table, but it wasn't on my desk either. I asked Ken where my tea went. He got this surprised look on his face then started laughing. He had thought it was his and drank it. Talk about short term memory problems, I thought I was bad. He made me another cup. It didn't stop there after a little :naughty: he used my towel after his shower instead of his.

Today was a slow day. We went to BJ's to pick up supplies. The entire time Ken is complaining he's cold. It was almost 70 out today. When we got home he was feeling tired and achy as well. We think he might be coming down with whatever Alex had last week. He went up for a nap, I took Alex up soon after, today he actually fell asleep almost immediately, well after a trip to the bathroom he did. Quin went down for his an hour after that. I finished wrapping some presents because I didn't think I'd get another batch of cookies done. Maybe tomorrow. Wednesday I have to make pies for the playgroup holiday party on Thursday.

No comments: