Friday, December 15, 2006

Holiday Stuff

With the holidays approaching I see a lot of stuff floating around on the various boards I visit, even had a couple e-mails. First up
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Depends on my mood, today it would probably be eggnog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Everything gets wrapped except for maybe some of the stocking stuffers.

3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house? Mostly White lights, though I do have one string of blue/green

4. Do you hang Mistletoe?Nope

5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually try to have everything up by the first week in December, this year has taken a bit longer.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My mom's mashed potatoes

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? My mom's entire family getting together between Christmas and New Years. It was great to see all my aunts and uncles and cousins.

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes we do, though it got started when my sister and I would stay at my dad'd Christmas eve then go back to my mom's Christmas day
9. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't know when. I don't think I ever believed he was a real person, I always remember him being the embodiment of giving.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights first, then garland, then all the ornaments I've collected over the years, the ones I made or was given, or remind me of a place, then some simple balls to fill in, finally the star goes on top.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?I'm somewhere in the middle. I definately prefer snow to freezing rain. I like it when it snows overnight and the next day is sunny cuz then you can go play in it but by day three it gets old.

12. Can you ice skate? Nope

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I think it was when I was given Fashion Plates

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I love finding the perfect gift for someone. It's fun figuring out something they want that they didn't even know they wanted and seeing the eyes light up with delight. You know you've gotten it right.

15. What tops your tree? A star

16. What’s your favorite holiday tradition? I think we're still in the preocess of making our own traditions for our little family.

17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving

18. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Chocolate Cheese Pie

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night (more about this next) & Hey Santa

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? how about eh, they're good in hot chocolate

21. What is your favorite Christmas special/movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original)

There was a blog prompt on one of the boards I visit and it was
What's your favorite song and why? I have two different reasons for liking the songs listed above. I've always thought O Holy Night was a beautiful song. And even though my religious beliefs tend towards eastern religions this particular song came to mean a lot more to me. I was in my third trimester with Alex when the holidays rolled around. This song combined with the pregnancy homones to give it a new meaning to me. It brang me to tears everytime, actually it still does.
Now the second song is more recent, it was on the Brian Setzer Orchestra CD I bought last year. And I just love how fun it is, the upbeat swing feel, and fun lyrics everytime I hear it it just makes me smile.

okay that's all I'm going to blather on about today.

No comments: