Friday, August 25, 2006

Tired

Okay so I did actually say something to Ken about letting people by pass him. He was saying there was no way he could prove he'd been there first and he felt like if he said something he'd be using Alex as an excuse. I said it's not an excuse if it's true. I wouldn't have done anything during the negotiation but right after I would have asked how long everything else would take because my two year old son hadn't had dinner yet. I think they would have gotten the message and accomidated him if he had. He was like, "I'll remember that next time"

The other thing we learned this week, during off season don't cut deals for clients, it always comes back to bite you in the ass. Ken got a last minute wedding in February. They only needed him like three hours (second wedding for both). They saw the coffee table style albums and instead of a full price 30 page album made from the art board and leather he said we'd do a 20 page shared ink album, so the pages are regular paper costs us about a third of the price of the other. I've done three updates on thsi album after the first mock up. First one back they wanted image changes so I had no trouble with that. Second time No black backgrounds. Now pages that had them looked good because it popped the images. Fine I did a few screened backrounds with other photos but page with the formal group shots I left with a white background. It just distracted too much from the images to have a background on it. The day he got the mocks he called Ken and said he didn't want any plain backrounds at all. I did the changes but it's really offending my design sensibilities. I never have this much trouble with the people who are getting the full price coffee table albums.

That was my little vent. I don't mind using backgrounds obviously if you look at my scrap pages but usually if I have a lot of images on a page I limit the background to a solid color or a single pattern and by a lot of images I guess I mean more than 4. You need to leave space so the images can breath, so in wedding albums I'll use either a white or black background to do this. Okay I guess this is still burning me, or the hormones aren't helping. I don't know what.

Speakign of hormones, I'm actually feeling much better since yesterday's playgroup. I think I must have really popped in the last week. Because a couple of the mom's commented I look pregnant and they'd seen me last week. The big questing of the day was of course "so how are you feeling?"

"Tired" "oh chasing after your high energy toddler is finally getting to you" yeah that and I'm not sleeping well, though the last three nights have been better only up once a night to use the bathroom instead of 3-4 times. Finding a comfy position is the killer. So my good sleep usually starts around 3am but monkey boy is up at 6:30, three and a half hours of sleep is not cutting it. This combined with the fact that the last two weeks I don't know if he's going to take a 1 hour nap or his (previously) usual 3 hour nap. I'm not getting my nap in. Needless to say my patience is wearing really thin. I found out yesterday this is actually normal for every second time mom. By the 8th month almost every single mom in our group, who's had their second said they had no patience for their toddler at this point in the pregnancy. It makes me feel better about the break down the other day when I started bawling as soon as Ken walked in the door, because Alex wouldn't stop whining and wouldn't give me just ten minutes of peace.

My appointment today was short and sweet. Though I am supposed to start the kick counts (I of course left the chart on the desk at the dr's office). Not that it matters buddah baby seems to roll and punch and kick on a regular basis. Usually right after I have a BH contrax.

That's all I can think of for the moment, I'll try and post pictures tonight.

No comments: