Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ultrasounds and Naptimes

Well I get another U/S seems that even though I only gained half a pound in the last two weeks, I'm now measuring two weeks ahead. So Buddha baby must be getting big, he's certainly been active at least the last few days, since Saturday afternoon. I mean rolling and kicking and punching and not in his normal pattern which was first thing in the morning, then at breakfast, mid afternoon, then dinner. I think I usually get kicked and punched because he likes to hang out low and when I sit down things get a little cramped. He was kicking me Sunday and Monday when I was at work. He is always quiet when I'm walking around, not this week. So at this point I'm still cleared to go to my cousin's wedding on sept 9th. She did say to make sure I have an appointment a couple days before I leave, so they can make sure nothing is going on. She said it would probably be good for me since it would take my mind off how bad the last six weeks are.

I taped the Blue's Clues/Blue's room special about Blue getting a baby brother. I figured it would be a good thing for Alex, though I'm pretty sure it's not going to completely click that we have a baby coming until it's here. Anyway he's driving me nuts. He'll watch it, then go play a while and suddenly get frantic "Blue baby bruder, blue baby bruder" For the last three days. nap time today was all drama. First of all he didn't want to go up which isn't particulatly unusual, but if I have all his favorite things and carry them up he'll follow. Then I tell him to read his monkey or trains, whatever, a story ten/ fifteen minutes later he's asleep.

Today I was doing laundry, so I stripped his bed because he was liquid boy last night and the diaper leaked a bit, I figured I'd do that along with the rest of his stuff. I will never change his sheets again without him watching me do it. He had a fit this afternoon when I took him up to his room for his nap because his green sheet was gone. There was no getting through to him that it was just being washed and would be back later. he was just getting hysterical. Then he starts to gag. I swept him up and deposited him in the tub. I was not going to clean up puke again. He started to calm down a bit but was still crying as I stripped him down, still gagging a bit. Once I got his diaper off and turned the water on he calmed down a lot faster. Fifteen minutes later and I had him dressed the fact that he had new sheets on the bed was fine, he didn't care anymore. The next problem was he's now figured out how to open his door. So I had to take him back upstairs twice, read him two stories before he finally settled down. Which means it was almost three before he fell asleep, an hour and a half after I first took him upstairs. There went my quiet time for the afternoon.

I know it's a bit selfish but I really like having 2-3 hours an afternoon to do what I want whether it's play online or actually do housework with out someone underfoot. I know in a couple of months I'm going to have almost no down time, for a while. I'm just really enjoying it while I can.
We leave tomorrow after Ken gets home for Erie. So I'll be around but not really posting. We come back Monday.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

wow, Alex is getting so big! and you! cannot believe your are due in OCtober already!!