Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Yep we're now owners of a Honda Odessy Ex, in Desert Rock Metallic. Ken did check out the Toyota a couple weeks ago. He liked the way the Honda handled better, and since he'll be driving it most of the time, now that we traded in his XTerra, I figure we'll go with what he wants, doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me. Besides with the trade in we got payments under $300 a month, so we didn't work too bad a deal.

Since I have to do my photo of the day for DSP still, I'll get pictures of it tonight when Ken gets home. Poor Alex last night after the story Ken told me I'm surprised he did so well. Ken got there around 5:30 finished negotiations by 6:30, but he did leave until after 9pm. It was slow until Ken showed up then everyone and their brother wanted to buy a car so that they dealership was actually short people to handle it all. I think Ken needs to be more aggressive sometimes, he's so easy going that people figure he won't mind if he's pushed to the end of the line. Shit if I was there I would have been getting on someone's ass especially if I had Alex with me. I'd have been "Excuse me, I haven't had dinner yet, my two year old needs to eat and be in bed by 8:30 latest, start helping me now." More politely but that would have been my basic gist right before the hormones kicked in with the tears, if they didn't get on it.

Anyway Ken said Alex was really good. He was cracking everyone up by repeating what they said, almost word for word. By the time they got to the finance guy he was singing at the top of his lungs, followed soon after by a round of motorboat noises. Ken said the finance guys had to try real hard not to laugh though he did crack a few smiles. So by the time the car was cleaned and the papers were signed it was a little after nine. By the time they had dinner Alex didn't get to bed until just before I got home from work.

He was up at his normal 6:30 today but after seeing the chripractor this morning we came home had lunch and he went down for a nap. I think it was 15 minutes tops before there was silence up stairs. Poor boy was exhausted. I had hoped he'd sleep at least three hours or more but no such luck. Mr whineypants was up after two and half hours and getting on my last nerve. I ended up bursting into tears when Ken got home.

Well baby boy is measuring a week ahead. The tech said that doesn't mean a whole lot right now in terms of how big he'll be at birth. I figured this one would be bigger than Alex was, but then I think most babies are bigger than Alex was when he was born. Good thing he gained weight really quickly. Good news is he his head down at this point. I was getting worried because up until right before our trip he liked lying transverse.

No comments: