Sunday, August 06, 2006

I learned one thing today. It's a very good idea to take your two year old with you when you are doing preliminary car shopping. You can use him as an excuse to get out of there when the sales guys start trying to put the pressure on. Though I did notice that when we went to the Honda and Toyota dealerships they, very much let the customer take the lead, no pressure at all. Ken did get a little annoyed with the guy at Toyota though because he was a little to stand backish. He didn't explain features, he didn't get excited about anything. His attitude was 'you buy or you don't, no skin off my back'. As we do more research Ken keeps getting more excited about buying a minivan. It's fine by me, we already decided that since we aren't making payments anymore on the xterra, in order to extend it's useful life I'll be using it most of the time since I make short local trips most days. He'll drive the minivan to and from work and of course it'll be our trip car. I'll take it whenever I'm doing a longer haul as well, like trips to Baltimore for the zoo or museums or whatever.

My mom called yesterday to let me know that my Aunt Bonnie will be coming over next weekend as well. I don't mind really. My mom thought it would be good for her and she also thought Ken needed to be exposed to her. Especially since hasn't really, the one time he met her was at my cousin (her son) David's wedding. She was distracted and my stepdad had taken Ken in hand and gotten him thouroughly smashed on Rum and Coke. Also because it's iffy that I'll make it to Jason's wedding, which is five and a half weeks before I'm due, she'd get to spend sometime with me. I really want to go to the wedding and as of now my cut off for travel is week 36, but since they're keeping an eye on my bloodpressure, it'll depend on my appointment the week before.

We did some preliminary plans for the BBQ next Sunday as well. Looks like people will come around 3:30-4:00. That way we have time to set up and get food prepped and Alex gets a nap before the excitment begins.

Alex did the cutest thing this evening. He was playing at the train table after dinner and I think he hit his belly on something so it really hurt. He kept saying "Belly button hurt, Belly button hurt." So I asked him if he wanted me to kiss it or rub it, which it usually what I do for bumps. He got all frantic "bathtub, Bathtub, bathtub" So I took him upstairs and got him undressed and started the water. He kept trying to put his belly in the water stream. I handed him a cup so he could dump water on himself. I think Now he thinks whenever his belly hurts he's going to throw up so he wants to be in the bathtub so he doesn't get everything messed up.

After his bath he was all happy. We got PJs on and went back downstairs to watch the Blues Clues special. He enjoyed it alot. It's probably good thing I taped it.

No comments: