Friday, August 04, 2006

Some how yesterday I ended up having to wash Alex's comforter twice. Usually I wash it every couple of weeks or so. So when his diaper leaked during nap time I didn't really think about it. It was due for a wash anyway. Even though I had changed him before laying him down, he's been downing extra liquids because of the heat. The diaper couldn't handle the extra capacity I guess.

The second time came about because even though he was upstairs two and a half hours he probably only slept 40 minutes. So between that and the early morning he was over tired by bed time. I gave him a small cup of milk, then we went up stairs and did bedtime routine, two stories, a few songs then goodnights. He was whining a little about a cut on his thumb, it was really small but I went and got him a band aid anyway. I put it on he was all happy because it was all better. Unfortunately it was on the thumb he sucks. After I went downstairs I guess he unwrapped his thumb. Well the band aid stuck to itself and this upset him. I heard him start crying to I went upstairs and he was almost in hysterics about it. (definately overtired) I told him I'd get him another and went and got it. He was crying the entire time but as soon as I walked in and showed him he started to calm down. I think it must have been too late at that point, he'd already upset his stomach. So moments after he lay back down he threw up. The look of shock on his face was almost funny. Curdled milk was everywhere, his arms, his face, his chest, his hair and of course on the comforter. I found a couple of uncovered spots and carried him to the tub, where he threw up again. I started the water then undressed him, as soon as he realized he could start to rinse himself off he was fine. Then he took the cup and started rinsing down the mess in the tub. I stripped the bed and started an actual bath for him. I got Ken to take the mess down to the laundry room so I could make the bed. 45 minutes after I originally had him settled in bed he was back in and drifting off with a new band aid on his finger instead of his thumb.

No comments: