Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Seems like lately, I’ll pop on during the weekend but I don’t get around to posting in my own journal until Tuesday or Wednesday. Let’s go back to Thursday. We were supposed to go to Sesame Place for playgroup. Several people over the last three weeks had cancelled out for various reasons, until we were down to 4 of the ten families. Well the night before the mom who had arranged for the trip had to cancel too. She’s 33 weeks pregnant and her husband, ended up having to travel for work. Since he wasn’t going along she didn’t feel she could handle the park on her own, with a two year old. I don’t blame her not sure I could either if I was that far along. The rest of us decided that it wouldn’t be as fun with out more of us going. Playgroup ended up at a local park and lunch at Cheeseburger Cheeseburger. This meant it was too late to go to Ken’s nephew Alan’s graduation. It was the same day we said we weren’t going because of this trip but by the time it was cancelled it was too late to get tickets to that. At least we got our money back on the Sesame Place tickets.

Kids are funny. I think all of them had fries and chicken tenders. One mom had taken the chicken out of the cars they served kids meals in, broke them up and put it on a plate. Her son kept saying “Car, car” She thought he wanted to play with the car and told him he could have it after he ate. He wouldn’t touch the chicken on the plate. She got fed up and dumped everything back into the car. As soon as she did he started eating. My son on the other hand ate all his French fries from the car but refused to touch the chicken. So I moved it out of his way and put it on my plate. As soon as I did he started eating them.

Friday was our kick back and do nothing day. The fact that it was raining probably contributed. I did start my hotel/airfare search for our trip to CA in August. And in the three weeks since I last checked airfares they’ve nearly doubled. Needless to say the trip was probably not going to happen. We’d been hoping to keep the trip for the three of us under 1200. Well it was around a thousand now to just fly. Two thousand is definitely out of our reach.

Saturday started out not looking to promising either. I let Alex actually get up out of bed at 6am because I needed to put him down for an early nap. The appointment for my cut and color was at 2:30 which is normally smack in the middle of his nap. Ken had a wedding so wouldn’t be home and we had a birthday party at 4 pm. It was just easier to make sure he napped early. I called my mom to tell her we probably weren’t going. Ken definitely wasn’t. She said she’d find and book a room and told me to keep checking fares. She has a feeling we’ll be able to make this trip one way or another. Ken said as long as I can get fares under 250 each Alex and I can go.

Alex was very good while I was getting my hair done. I brought his color wonder markers with us. That and the hair dryers kept him occupied. The trouble came when it was his turn for a haircut. Now all last week he was complaining about his hair sticking to his forehead in the 90+ heat. Ken and I figured we’d get his hair cut real short. Michelle started with the clippers on the back but his hair is still kind of thin so she didn’t want to cut it that way all over. The real trouble was getting him to hold still so she could cut everything else with scissors. I think it took like 20 minutes, at one point she had him sit by the dryers to distract him. By that time it was almost four, so we booked over to Bel Air Athletic club, where the party was being held. I brought all Alex’s swim stuff because they had the baby pool reserved. Alex did not even want to change into his swim trunks; there was no way he was getting in the pool. I have no idea where this fear has come from. He’ll gladly climb into the bathtub. He’ll get into the inflatable pools but he will no longer get into in ground pools. I guess Swim lessons will be out for a while. Our group was given the opportunity to use what’s called the Tree House. This is a kid’s play area inside the club. All the kids had a grand time there. After our time was up it was time for pizza and cake. The family had arranged for everyone to return for to their house for a special treat. They had Dora come visit the kids. Alex was hilarious. He was so into it. As soon as she brought out the map he was right up there pointing everything out. He danced to all the music. Though at the end he wouldn’t sit in her lap, but his did sit right next to her for a while. After Dora left all the kids were out in the back yard playing. Alex ended up playing volleyball with one of the dads and an older brother of one of the other kids instead of watching the present opening. The party broke up around 8pm because all the kids we’re starting to act out. It was definitely bedtime.

Sunday was the usual. I could have definitely used another hour of sleep but had to be at work by 8:30. When I got home a little after three Alex was still napping, Ken was editing so I took my own nap on the couch. Alex ended up having an almost 4 hour nap. Guess Saturday wiped him out. Ken made a pork roast on the grill rotisserie, sweet potatoes and salad rounded that out. Yesterday I was still dragging because Alex got me up at quarter after six. Seems he’s gone back to his old tricks of being up at the butt crack of dawn. Hope it’s only temporary; Tuesday was 6:45 so a bit better.

I so screwed myself up yesterday. I was feeling very tired and had a migraine brought on by the fact that I know I didn't have enough water Sunday, though I kept myself hydrated Monday I didn't add extra to make up for the previous days loss. So I took what ended up being an hour and a half nap. I should have kept it short because I was up until close to 1:30. You can probably tell as my post was kind of messed up towards the end. At least Alex let me sleep until 7:20 today. But since my eyelid is still twitching occasionally I know I still need to catch up on some sleep.

This weekend should be a quiet one. No weddings or parties maybe we'll get some work done on the house. Other than that I wish the weather would just make up its mind and either be sunny or rain and get it over with.

No comments: