Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I learned something new this week. Small boys are like dogs playing fetch when there is a ball around. Even when you are closer they'll run to get it to hand it to you. I kept Alex entertained with the game for a half hour, Ken joined in when he got home so I think we had Alex running around for a good hour all together.

I swear the boy is trying to give me a heart attack. He woke up from his nap at one point yesterday afternoon screaming. It was so loud I heard him down in the basement without the monitor. I was working on an album order we got in last week. So I rush up two flights of stairs. I open the door and he's obviously crying in pain. I get to his side and I see an indentation just below his right eye. He turns his head everytime I try to touch it. Finally he lets me open his eye. I needed to make sure there was no blood or bruising on the eye itself. Nothing I clean up his face give him a little tylenol then go back downstairs for a little ice. I think the cold helped more than they tylenol, he started to drift off. By the time he woke at his normal nap end it was just a small indent. He had a couple books open and leaning against the bed rail. I think he must have rolled over and hit his eye on the corner. By bed time tonight it was just a small red mark.

You know there are lots of things that aren't a good idea to do when you're hormonal. I've been researching preschools for Alex, for fall of 2007. I'm doing this now because many schools in the area fill a year in advance. So a couple days ago I send in an application for the Goddard school near by. They sent me information which I recieved today. I could barely get through a page of the booklet without starting to cry. I guess I don't want him to be old enough to go to school. Anyway we plan to start him with three half days a week and see how that works, possibly making it three full days in the spring.

No comments: