Saturday, June 17, 2006

I think I've decided I really don't like playgroups that end up being other than someone's house. This is because my son has to go his own way which means I can't sit down and chat, hell half the time I just plain can't sit down. Anyway this weeks playgroup was a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. And I know it was held here because the mom lives in a condo and the kids are just getting too big to keep them in a small space like that for too long especially in warm weather. But the fact that I had to corral my son in a booth just so I could get a bite to eat was left me a bit frazzled. I wouldn't have minded him playing on any other rides or games near we were sitting but I knew if I let him out he'd take off to the other side of the room. And yes CEC is better than some places in that they stamp the mom and the child and check stamps before letting you leave, but still I know Alex can get into all sorts of trouble in a few short minutes.

Friday was my biannual cleanign at the dentist. I took Alex with me this time because they requested I me too. They like to have kids come in at 2 1/2 so they can see what goes on before their first appointment at age three. He was very good. This office has windows in their waiting room as well as a kids area, so he didn't even notice we had to wait 10-15 minutes past when my appointment was. Even during the cleaning he was good. Of course the fact that I brought his colorwonder markers with us was probably the real reason.

After we came home had a quick lunch then headed over to Coldstone Creamery to get a Father's Day cake for Ken. I told Alex we were getting daddy and ice cream cake. So the entire ride I hear him chattering about "ice cream daddy" Of course once we got there we had to have a little ice cream first. Alex was all excited he did his little dance swinging his arms in front of him and grinning. At the end he didn't realize I already had a cake for daddy and kept pointing out which one we could get him in the freezers. I showed him we had one already and he was like "oh all right" Cmae home in time for nap time.

Today was the playgroup annual BBQ. We hosted this year. Ken made his Almost famous wings. Everyone brought side dishes so we had pleanty of food. Too much really, we had a couple of people cancel out the last few days so three families less than expected. It was a good time, I inflated the pool and most of the kids played in it. Except Alex. He'd splash the water with his hands but he wouldn't get in. He was good about sharing his toys, well at first anyway. Once we got close to nap time he was just having a breakdown everytime someone was playing at his train table. So he was quickly taken upstairs for a nap. Of course as soon as he woke two hours later he still expected all his friends to be there to play with him. Clean up wasn't too bad, we'll have food for a couple days.

Tomorrow I work of course. Ken said he'd sand down the patches in the nursery. That means I can start painting next week. Monday, Ken has to go out to VA to meet with the family and the trust lawyer. I switched nights with a co-worker so I'll work Friday night for him this week. Should be a quiet week. The week after I have my dr appointment then I go up to Erie to pick up my niece and nephew. I was talking to my mom last night, she asked me how long I expected to have them I said "two weeks". "your sister seems to think it's just a week and asked when I was leaving on the 7th to go get them." My mom is like if she wants the kids back sooner than the 14th she'll have to go get them. "I have a charity golf tournament on the 7th that I already promised to participate in becuase I was planning on the 14th, to get them."

Looks like CA is out this year. My mom decided that it really wasn't a good time for her to go moneywise. She's been doing really well getting out of her financial problems. If I didn't find a cheap air fare she could have ended up spending as much as a $1000 for the trip. Not something she can afford right now. That combined with a new client that needs their year end reports by Aug 15. Taking a week before a big first project is due, not a good idea. So I go to my 20 year class reunion on the 11-13th.

No comments: