Saturday, June 10, 2006

So now we know why the carpet smelled in that room. Ken rolled up the carpet and there was a huge urine stain on the underside going right into the padding. I remembered our neighbors mentioning the previous owners had a small dog. Guess that's the room he hung out in. Ken patched the small holes he made when he pulled off the base moulding. Next we need to unscrew the shelves we put up then I can paint.

This morning my boys were so sweet to me they let me sleep until 9am. Too bad I have to work tomorrow so i have to get up. So I made Alex clean up his toys so I could vacuum. Of course the room is lsowly going back to chaos already. Little does he know nex Friday we'll have to do this all again, we're hosting the playgroup's annual BBQ. This is why we hit BJs today, had to get all those little things like buns, forks, plates,water.

You all probably know how much Alex likes Blue's Clues. It's been about a year now. But it's funny watching how over time the way he watches has changed. At first he liked it because of the characters, including Joe. (he'll pick up our home phone and start talking I ask him who's on the phone he'll say Joe) Now he watches and participates. This last two weeks he has to have a notebook and crayon before he watches. He also won't let me sit in the room and watch with him. If I come into the room he holds up his hands to stop me. If I'm in the room he nudges me until I get up and leave. :lmao:

So for the last week I've been doing some touch up work on old photos. Trying to get them presentable to send to my cousin. He requested pictures of him and his brothers growing up for something he's doing at the wedding in September. I found one from when the entire John family was in Ocean City. I must have been 12-13 at the time. I looked at the T-shirt I was wearing, oh man I was such a geek, not that I'm much better now but I don't at least wear dungeons and dragons stuff any more.

No comments: