Monday, June 12, 2006

Last night made me realize that doing photo restoration of old family photos when pregnant isn't always a good idea. Now the older stuff, from like my mom's childhood isn't bad because I have no memories of that. But the stuff from when I was a kid can bring up some bittersweet feelings. And it's really hard to be precise when you have tears clouding your eyes. I'll try and post some of the stuff I've been working on.

I called my mom Saturday and asked her how dramatic I was at 2-3 years old. The answer "very" I wanted things my way and was stubborn enough to wait it out. My sister on the otherhand was very passive aggressive about stuff. :sigh: Guess that means Alex is just following in my footsteps.

Now what brought this up was earlier in the evening at dinner time. Alex was basically finished but he stays at the table with us until we're all done. He wanted to color in a particular coloring book, and therefore wanted the specific crayons that came with it. I started digging those crayons out of the jar but told him to move his trains off the table. I just wanted him to have room but I wouldn't give him the crayons until he moved the trains. He didn't want to move the trains, so started throwing a temper tantrum. I calmly looked at him and told him as soon as the trains were off the table he could have the crayons. So he starts rolling around on the floor, then he starts asking for everything under the sun. Peanut butter, milk, Madagascar on the tv, finally diaper change, in addition to the crayons. I'm trying so hard not to laugh, luckily part of the time he was throwing his fit behind my chair, Ken was having a hard time keeping a straight face too. It was all drama and fake tears, and whining. As I'm cleaned up the dinner dishes, he dropped the trains on the floor, and grabbed the crayons and his coloring book and moved them to the side table in the family room. He really did need a diaper change, I think during the fit he wet himself one last time and filled the diaper.

I sure hope my feelings about this second kid are right in that he's calmer, more laid back than Alex. Not sure I can handle two drama queens.

I keep forgetting to mention, I saw it in the Sun last week. The guy who made my wedding cake is getting his own reality-based show on Food Network. Called [I]Caking it to the Limit[/I]. They're in the middle of the 12 week shoot right now. I don't think this will be a continuous show, just one of those one season things, probably this fall. I thought it was kinda cool. I know he's been in a couple of the Food Network Challenges. A neat step to a little more publicity.

No comments: