Thursday, June 22, 2006

I know this is TMI but at least once a week when I brush my teeth it sets of my gag reflex and I start gagging and coughing. It usually happens on the days when post nasal drip is especially bad. We'll today it was so bad I actually threw up I wasn't even feeling nausious, so I know it was my gag reflex causing it. Oh the joys of pregnancy.

It's one of those pregnancy annoyances. Though I've noticed it's worse if I bend over the sink, if I stand up and look in the mirror I don't gag as much. My husband is now getting sympathy heartburn. :D This happened when I was pregnant with Alex too. I think it's kinda funny we both end up getting heartburn no matter what we eat but only when I'm pregnant.

Anyway I meant to get on here last night but things went down hill yesterday as soon as Alex got up fom his nap, until I put him to bed at 8:00. He woke up and I heard this "help, help" over the monitor. I go upstairs and the first thing he says as I open the door. "Diaer chane" I go to get him out of bed and he doubles over, crying. Then he's squirming around so in obvious pain. I can smell that he needs a change. I pick him up and carry him to the changing table. He's crying the entire time I'm getting him cleaned up. Just as I get ready to stand him up so I can pull up his diaper pants he lets go this long pee arc. He's upset, embarrassed and then he sees most of it landing on his comforter, which makes him even more upset. I wait until he's done get him cleaned and dressed then console him as I clean the floor and strip the bed. He obviously had a pretty full bladder so I'm thinking that may have caused the cramping.

Most of the rest of the afternoon, he was either crying or whining or acting helpless. I used to think this male trait was because moms catered to sons when they were sick, now I'm beginning to think it's genetic. Well we soon find out why he's acting like such a pistol. After the second bout of diarreah, I put him in the tub, and let him play for 20 minutes. He came out acting like his normal cheerful self. He's been fine all day to day. He hasn't really eaten anything different lately so I'm not sure what was up, there was no fever either. So I cancelled going to playgroup last night since we were going to a pool and even if he's feeling fine it usually takes a day or so before he has a normal poo again.

So last night I ended up working on a new digiscrap challenge in photoshop, the other reason I didn't post. This was also the third night in a row I've had the song [I]I'll make a man out of you[/I] stuck in my head as I go to sleep. Alex's new favorite movie is Mulan, I've watched it at least once a day if not twice for the last week and a half. He likes Mu Shu. Any time he wants to watch it I hear. "Red Dragon, Red Dragon" He likes the music too because he sings along with every song, especially the Christina Aquilera song.

Before I came on I did some work. I designed two albums from an order we got in last week a bridal and a parent album. I don't think this bride is actually giving the parent album to a parent, I think she's using it as a candid album for herself. Because I have never before put together an actual parent album that didn't have any formals or any of the big events in it before (dad bringing daughter down the aisle, first kiss, recessional, presentation, first dance, parent dance, cake cutting) Ah well it's her money.

Just to let everyone know I don't alway post pictures in here but if you hit my Gallery link on the side I'm always uploading new stuff there, usually weekly.

No comments: