Saturday, September 23, 2006


We got DSL working but it's not working with out network so only Ken's computer has the high speed. Which is what needed to really be on the highspeed since we have a bunch of album and print orders come in, in the last two weeks. That combined with some other hassles means if cable is up and working Monday, the 30 day trial of DSL will be it.

Let's see Sunday both Alex and I came down with what ever this crap is that's going around. And almost immediately the "helpless when sick" gene on the Y chromosome kicked in. So not only am I stuffy, hacking and had no sleep (both pregnancy and cold related) I have to deal with mister whiney,cranky, refusing to take even tylenol or eat. Ken stayed home today when I lost it this morning at 6am and Alex was whining and I was frustrated because I couldn't understand a word he was saying.

I think he saw it coming when he got home Wednesday and I even though I looked like shit (going on maybe three hour sleep that day) I told him I was going to the grocery store and he could deal with the boy.

So even though I seem to be measureing ahead. And every one who looks at me says I won't make it until the 17th. The U/S today showed the baby measuring right on schedule maybe a couple days ahead which is nothing. They are estimating that he's about 6lbs 10oz at this point, so he's already bigger than Alex was when he was born. Alex came on his due date. He's still only 50 percentile in tems of size. The tech said it could be a pound either way but she expects this baby to be mid 7's when born.

Thursday was probably the one really good day all week. Alex enjoyed getting to play with all this friends and I got ice cream cake at my baby shower. They got us one of these

Alex wants to play with it already. He wanted us to put it together as soon as we got home.a bumbo, a bunch of long sleeve onsies, a sleep sack, little bath items like baby wash, lotions and wipes and the baby einstein fabric color blocks.

Ken finally almost has the floor in the nursery done. He'll finish it Tuesday since this weekend will be a wash for him. He has to go up to Brooklyn to pick up his parents, then we have the birthday dinner for his mom and Sunday he's taking Alex to ride on Thomas the Tank Engine up in Stausburg PA.

No comments: