Monday, September 25, 2006

So I post last night about everything but about how yesterday went. Alex woke up in a much better mood. He came into my room at about twenty of seven with a cheery "Hi Mommy" Then began chattering away. I was actually feeling a bit better myself not as congested. I did notice through the course of the day that Alex's energy waned pretty quickly. He'd play for 15 minutes or so then go sit in his chair or lay on the floor for a half hour. He did actually start taking liquids again yesterday and ate a tiny bit.

I did well most of the morning then I started getting lower back aches every 45 minutes to an a hour. Which was joined by an almost but not quite queasy feeling. Drinking water and laying down helped a little but not much. This lasted until about 5pm.

Ken has the worst luck when he goes up to pick his parents in Brooklyn. This time he got a flat tire on the Jersey Turnpike. He's in a brand new car with brand new tires. After putting the donut on he got to a service station to see if they could repair the tire. It was a no go, too much damage. A large piece of metal was what caused the initial damage. They didn't have any Michelins so he waited until he got home to get a new tire. That didn't go so smoothly either because to match the other tires they had to send to another store to get what he needed. So by the time we got to VA for MIL's birthday dinner we were 40 minutes late.

Ale was surprisingly good at dinner. I think he was a bit delirious. He was definately entertaining. Everyone got a good chuckle out of watching him try and use chopsticks (4 of them at once) So we got home about 9:30 and even though Alex slept in the car the day was a bit much for him. That combined with a the gunk draining down his throat, he started to throw up as we got him ready for bed. Luckily we got him to the bathroom before anything actually came out. He got a quick bath then passed out in bed soon after.

Today the boys went up to PA to ride the rails with Thomas. Ken said that when Alex saw the trains he got this huge, shocked looking grin on his face. But all the boys enjoyed their day. He also said that when he went to get T-shirts for Alex, the boy almost stripped right there so he could wear it.:hehe:

Quiet day at work for me today but a lot of customers asking how soon. I must look ready or something. No contractions today but baby boy was kicking up a storm.

So this afternoon we all kinda crash in various stages on the couch and finish my vanilla bean frappichino. After dinner, which was left over dim sum that was supposed to be lunch yesterday, Alex went back to watch the end of Mulan (again) within ten minutes he was falling asleep. So I got Ken to carry him up to bed. He didn't even protest as I changed his diapers and got him into his PJ's. At the end I turned on the Oceans of Wonder thing said "Good night I love you sweet dreams." like I always do gave him a kiss then added, "dream about riding the rails with Thomas." He got this beautiful sleepy smile on his face as he closed his eyes. It was just so sweet. I kissed him one more time before leaving the room.

Now I just have to get my computer functioning again, it didn't like the network with DSL so we were trying to just start from scratch and reload drivers for the wireless router. For some reason my computer didn't like this. So I tried rebooting several times in both normal and safe mode and just got a black screen. Finally I gave up and tried system recovery, this didn't work either because it went through the whole recovery sequence, then you're supposed to shut down and reboot for everything to take effect. Still got the black screen.(this all started friday night) Ken took the whole thing apart last night after we got home and made sure there was no dust or anything.

I tried again tonight to get booted to this time it starts to load windows but freezes before it gets to the desktop. So some improvement. Guess I call a tech tomorrow. We're just doing really bad where technology is concerned this month.

No comments: