Saturday, September 23, 2006

From Last Friday::

Today was an interesting day. Mostly good. I started the day with my spa appointment. A much needed facial and manicure. Came home in time for lunch and Ken went out to run errands and meet with the guy he's been picking up extra weddings from.

Looks like next year Ken has to put his photography business on a back burner. He has a lot of travel for his job at APG. At least one trip a month possibly starting as soon as January. So for the next year he's not going advertise like he usually does but will book referrals. Mostly because with travel he won't have time to do post process stuff on a regular basis. In order to make up the income he'll pick up a couple weddings a month from this guy. Looks like I may also be able to pick up some design work from him as well, which would be cool.

The only bad thing is we still have no highspeed. The tech came out, by the time he left after testing all the phone lines in the house, he said he was going to test the signal at the main junction. If he gets a signal it means there is a problem with the phone lines themselves, so Verizon will have to fix that. If the signal was still very weak, it means the provider needs to boost the signal. So either way we're still stuck.

In the mean time my new scanner showed up. So now I can start scanning my negatives. Ken got the hotsling I wanted off ebay so that should be arriving soon. The only other annoying thing I had several strong contractions luckily they went away after a glass of water and lying down for a half hour. You know I said I wanted the kid to show up early but not this early. Ken was thinking the other day it's not out of the realm of possibilities that the baby would arrive on the 27th. Which would be kind of funny our anniversary is April 27, Alex's birthday is January 27th, guess that number keeps popping up.

No comments: