Saturday, September 09, 2006

OKay so I'm really posting again in my journal. Still on dial up, looks like comcast probably isn't going to do anything until the new lines are laid. Though we did call them again since we were told this would be fixed with in 10 days, yesterday was 10 days from when the tech came out. They're sending someone else out again Tuesday (so two weeks from the last time we had a tech out.) This whole thing is really a pain because it interferes with us placing any print orders for customer albums, or just orders. We don't have the band width to upload large files in a reasonable amount of time. Hell it's taken me a week to get a quarter of all the pictures Ken took at my maternity shoot into my smugmug gallery.

We contacted our other account about getting DSL. The modem arrived yesterday. So we get it hooked up and realize we need to get it reprogramed in order to get it to serve as a bridge to our wireless network instead of a router for a single computer. In order to do that we had to hook it up to my computer alone with out the network because the closest phone to Ken's computer has a double line with both his business line as well as the home line running on it. Come to find out the modem isn't detecting DSL on our phoneline at all. We've obviously pissed off the broadband Gods somewhere along the line.

Anyway It dawned on me today that I have just over a month before this baby arrives. Some days it scares the hell out of me. We have nothing ready. I actually finally washed both possible coming home outfits this afternoon. But the nursery still has no floor. I worry about how Alex will be with the baby. I think he senses it's soon. One minute he's super clingy, the next he's moody and whiney. I also worry about how much time I'll have for him once the baby is here. I know in the end I'll do what I always do, just go with the flow and some days will be horrible and others very smooth. And in between will be days of mind numbing boring routine, with small magic moments.I'm hoping this kid will stay put at least another couple weeks but anytime after the 26th, well except the 4th he's allowed to arrive.

Yesterday was a rather uncomfortable morning. My BH contrax up until this point have just felt like my entire belly tightening up. Not painful but uncomfortable a couple times a day. Every hour or so in the morning I was getting a crampy feeling that wrapped around to my back didn't seem to matter what I was doing. Then at lunch time they stopped. Today nothing, I'll mention it at my appointment Monday. They baby has dropped as well. Until today when ever he started rolling I felt it near my belly button. Today I could feel his shoulders right above my pelvic bone, talk about uncomfortable.

Ken took Alex down to the city today to visit a train store. The boys were in electric train heaven. As soon as they got home Ken had to set up a small version of his track that's been in storage downstairs since we moved. We learned that Alex is not ready for electric trains, he doesn't understand the 'no touch' part of it yet.

My mom, sister and Niece are at my cousin's wedding today. I really wish I could be there. When I talked to my mom Thursday she said both Bonnie (my aunt) and Jason (my cousin) understood, the baby is more important though they will miss me. Mom said she'd make sure Jessica took lots of pictures for me to play with.

No comments: