Saturday, July 01, 2006


My son cracks me up somedays. He serenaded the entire house this around 7:10 this morning with a rousing version of [I]Rain Rain Go Away[/I] Ken and I were just laying in bed laughing for a good ten minutes. Jessica heard him and she's at the other end of the hall from him with her door shut. Brandon of course heard him over the monitor becuase the reciever is in the kitchen and he was sleeping on the sofa in the family room. I guess he was happy to be home.

He didn't do too bad on our trip to mom's. Though both times he only slept an hour of the trip. Usually he'll sleep a good two hours in the car. This trip was harder in another way. Since he's no longer in a crib we couldn't have him sleep in the PNP. He slept on an air mattress on the floor. Problem with that is he kept getting up to turn on the tv. It wasn't too bad at night but it meant he didn't take much of a nap either day. Wednesday we just hung out. Alex played with his cousins a bit in the morning then we went over to my sister's after his "nap".

Thursday morning mom and I (and Alex) went shopping. First stop was BRU. I wanted to find a homecoming outfit for the baby. I found one online I really like but it's really expensive, I also found a possibility at baby center that I'll probably get because I found nothing at BRU. Well I did find some cute stuff just not what I had in mind for bringing the baby home in.

Next was Old Navy to get a few more maternity tees. That was a bust too they had nothing in stock bigger than a medium. Bad timing on my part my guess is in a couple weeks the fall stuff will be coming in. Final stop was DSW, where I picked up a pair of Tevas and a pair of sandals both are adjustable for when my feet swell. I know everyone says wear flip flops but when my feet swell they don't get wider, they get puffier so that they don't fit under the strap in the first place. SO I need adjustable not less shoe. I didn't end up meeting up with Sherri again this time. She was on a business trip and got back late Thursday afternoon and we left Friday around 11 to get back here.

Besides the mornign singin we went to play miniature golf this afternoon. Alex was so funny. Ken wished he had though to bring the video camera. At first everytims someone would hit a ball he'd go and get it and bring it back for them. Later he got the idea that the balls were to go in the hole, so he's pick them up and drop them in. The last half of the game he started using the putter to hit his ball in the hole, though he did continue to kick everone else's balls around. He dropped his ball down the last hole, thinking it was like one of the others where it went down a shoot to another part of the green, but of course the last hole just takes the ball. There was a drain pipe a few feet away so he went over there and kept looking at it waiting for his ball to reappear. He didn't want to leave but it was time to go home and make dinner. May have to take him again.

Tomorrow I work then we'll go up to Harve de Grace for their 4th of july celebration. We might go to the ones in Bel Air on the 4th itself as well but the fireworks in Harve de Grace are over the bay.

I also decided on a bedding set. Ken's booked one of two last minute brides, is he books the other as well I can just go to buy buy baby and get it. The picture of it is at the top of this post.

No comments: