Saturday, July 08, 2006

We had a good time at the Zoo yesterday. As soon as we mentioned we were going to go see the zebras Alex just about ran to the car. It was so funny he called all the animals by the names from Madagascar. So Zebras were Marty, giraffes Melman, Lions Alex. Well he didn't name the penguins, but Ken and I ended up quoting them from the movie. As soon as he spotted the monkey's he'd start jumping up and down "OOo OOo Ahah, OOo OOo AHah" He absolutely loved watching the polar bear swim. Needless to say once we got to the car to drive home around 3:30, Alex and Brandon were out in minutes, I drifted in and out. I think everyone ended up taking a nap once we got home.

I guess I base my parenting style on something my mom told me befoe I got married. We were walking along the inner harbor discussing family anyway she said the best piece of advice she was ever given was by the pediatrician we had when I was still a baby. He had told her that her job as a parent was to raise her children to be able to survive in their own in the world. I feel like a lot of kids now a days are given stuff way to easily. I know I appreciated stuff a lot more when I was a kid because I had to earn it. So I try to not just give things to Alex. Doesn't always work but I try.

I frickin hate pregnancy dreams. The one this morning was awful. I had gotten up at about 6:30 got Alex a cup of milk and asked him to play quietly in his room for a bit. He's actually been very good about doing this the last week or so since the kids are sleeping in the family room. When I left him he was making up a song about how good milk is. Made me chuckle. So you'd think going back to sleep in a good mood would keep bad dreams at bay.

It started out I was at my mom's and wanted to straighten up before we left to go home. Since I wanted to vacuum, I was trying to get everything off the floor. But it seemed like every time I cleaned up one area I'd turn around and more stuff would be on the floor where I'd already cleaned up. I was getting really frustrated. Finally things were good enough and I went to get the vacuum. While I was downstairs someone saw me with it and asked if I was doing the dining room. I just shrugged and said after I finish upstairs. I get up there and Alex has toys everywhere. I ask him to help me clean up so we can vacuum. He starts to help then balks and throws a tantrum, running downstairs. Once down there he proceeds to make a mess there as well. I ask him again to help, he throws another tantrum and races out of the house. I'm trying to catch him but I'm, so pregnant at this point I can't catch him. he heads for the street and I keep yelling for him to stop. He doesn't and races across the street. I can't see him because there is a truck parked in front of the house blocking my view. As I move to get a better look I see another truck backing up down the road at a pretty good speed. I'm trying to tell Alex to stop and stay where he is on the other side. But he doesn't hear me, or listen, not sure which, and darts into the street. The truck of course doesn't see him and he's hit. But I see him being carried off around the corner by the truck so I can't even help him. I'm just screaming nononono over and over. Until I make myself wake up. It's so horrible to wake up from dreams like that.
Anyway on to something funny. Last night Ken and I were downstairs watching Good Eats and eating ice cream. (I was tired of Disney channel and the kids really were ready to go to sleep.) Ken was going through e-mail then asked me how far out of the way Muncy PA was if we were going to my mom's. It's about 3-3 1/2 hours from us almost straight north, a little east. And I look at the map and figure we'd have to cut across PA on I-80 for about 3 1/2 hours before we got to I-79. Once we got to Grove City it's about an hour north to my mom's. So about 4 1/2 hours. He shakes his head and checks to see how far it is from Brooklyn. I guess he decided he might stop on the way back from dropping his parents off in NY next weekend. It's about 3 1/2 hours from there. The way he calculeted things he'd get all of 5 minutes at the place he wanted to visit before they closed. Then he tells me what he wants to see. It's the Grizzly manufacturing plant and warehouse. I guess this location is the largest showroom in the world.

Visit the largest machinery showroom in the world. Over 12,000 "Delicious" tools displayed at this 230,000 sq. ft. facility.

I cracked up and warned him this was going in my blog/journal

This baby is funny. Whenever I'm sitting or lying down he's low in my belly. He always starts kicking when I'm sitting down at the computer. As soon as I stand up it's like he floats up and stays right under my ribs until I sit back down. I guess it's his way of making sure I know he's there.

Final bit my cousin has a new baby girl. Only info I have at the moment is her name is Abigail. Mom said she'd call once she got to my Uncle's house and give me the rest of the info. I'm assuming they'll be coming home today or tomorrow. It's usually 4 days after a c-section.

No comments: