Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What they come up with

It's funny sometimes what kids come up with. We noticed with the last few trip Ken has had for work, if he pulls out the big US wall map and shows Alex where we live and where he's going that Alex does better. This week he's on a much longer trip to Montana. He usually takes my car because with the dent in the door it doesn't matter if it gets a few more bumps and scratches in the airport parking lot. That means I have the minivan (this will change if we have a third, I'll have to break down and drive the minivan fulltime :sigh: )I picked up Alex at school today and he asked if we were going in the green car. I said no the brown car. "Oh yeah daddy drove the green car to see Hannah Montana." Bwaahhaaaahahaha!! Actually he mentioned it last night too that daddy was with Hannah Montana. I told Ken this he had a chuckle too.

So the other night at work one of the college kids (coworker) asked if I could sit down and talk with anyone living or dead who would it be. This is his first assignment for an english class. The first name that popped into my head was Jane Austen. First off reading her novels got me hooked on regency romances. But I'd want to meet her because she was very much an observer of how people interact socially. She wasn't afraid to show how ridiculous some of the rules were. I also feel she made her heroines strong, they didn't always play by society's rules espeically when they were wrong and hurtful. She wasn't afraid to show that women could be intelligent, sometimes smarted and with more common sense than the men they had to put up with, having no property rights of their own. It was an interesting topic to think on.

No comments: