Sunday, September 09, 2007

Well this has been a mostly quiet week. We got the the dentist and the xrays showed no damage to Alex's perminent teeth. He did say that I need to watch for discoloration in the teeth, he doubted that would happen but on the off chance it did they'd need to do a root canal so that the perminent teeth wouldn't be damaged. the swelling and sensitvity in the gums will be gone in a couple weeks.

Quin is determined to walk and he wants to do it on his own even though he doesn't even hve the balance to stand on his own for more than 30 seconds. Can't start the easy way crawling then pullin gup then cruising, no has to go from sitting up to walking. He will pull himself up if he can use a person.

Just sent Ken to the emergency room. While we were gone he continued working on clearing out the brush on the upper part of the hill in our back yard. He wants to lay stone "steps" to make it easier to go up. Well he came in contact with poison something, probably poison ivy but possible poison oak. He was treating the blisters but they seem to be spreading and they are popping on thier own and oozing pus. Checking on webMD it said that once they get to that point medical treatment is needed. The whole back of his right knee is covered, a patch on his left thigh and his right arm are just as bad.

On the kitchen fron we finally heard from BGE. We need to contact a contractor to install the gas lines in the house itself then notify BGE and they get us connected once it's ready. I think Ken was going to call the people who put in our new HVAC system. Not sure when he'll do that though, he'll be out of town all week. It's funny I have gone a whole week without him but usually it's because I'm visiting someone else. His travel the last year has been tues-thurs, this week it's mon-fri.

So this whole poison ivy thing has probably shot this months chance of baby making. I think I'm ovulating today. Which makes me want to just not try for a couple cycles because I'd rather not be hugely pregnant during the summer again. That and being due in July/Aug would spoil my birthday bash plans.

Quin is a boy after my own heart. I made ravioli with pesto for dinner last night because Ken had a wedding and it was quick and simple. Gave some to Quin and he just gobbled it all down. If only Alex would eat so well. Heh the only way to get egg in him is to make french toast, or I should say italian toast because I throw oregano, basil and parmesan cheese in to the egg before soaking the bread in it.

Starting to get together stuff for Quin's birthday party. Can't believe he'll be a year soon. I'm actually going to end up having two parties one for family before his birthday and one for playgroup after. I have no idea what to tell people to get him. except maybe clothes and books. We don't need any more toys in this house. All Alex's 12-18 month stuff especially pj's (they are fleece) are for winter. So I need stuff for fall weather, well except for jackets and coats. Long and short sleeve t-shirts, maybe a sweater or sweatshirt, cotton sleepers and socks. We need socks he's been bare foot all summer and I had to toss the ones Alex had. Suppose I need to look for shoes for him too.

I do like this for winter


it's not as heavy as a regular snowsuit, so it'll work well for going to and from the car in the winter. It'll fit nicely with the carseat.

I think that's it for now.

No comments: