Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I know every pregnant woman complains about this, heh, I know I have before. But having a cold while your pregnant sucks. The only reason I knew I was coming down with something was because my throat got scratchy. I've had post nasal drip since February. At least the Robutussin worked on the congestion so I'm not violently coughing any more. Still coughing, it's just not so bad that it hurts my lower abdomin. Now I'm just running through all the tissues in the house.
I think my little monkey is coming down with it too. He's running a slight fever again except this time it hasn't really gone away after some Tylenol. He's been a bit listless today. Usually he won't sit and watch TV, he watch for 5-10 minutes then go play and I'll turn it off until he complains. Today he's been a bit zombie like. Even fell asleep sitting in front of the couch on the floor (not in his rocker. had him outside fingerpainting that lasted 15 minutes or so. Took him for a walk, he didn't even try to get out of his stroller. And he's barely eaten anything since lunch yesterday. :sigh: Poor baby, didn't even complain as I carried him up for his nap.

I do have a funny story from the other night though. I kept thinking, my son , only my son would have this happen to him. Ken made a rail for the bed he made. It is probably 6 inches taller than the mattress. But he made it with a 1x2 so there is maybe 4 inches between the bottom of the top rail and the mattress itself. Alex doesn't sleep in one spot, he's all over the place though usually by the wall of pillows he's created for himself in the corner. Occasionally he'll slip a foot under the rail. Well Monday night I get to bed just before midnight, the coughing and the congestion just made it hard for me to get comfortable. And I wanted Ken to fall asleep first because that way he wouldn't notice me tossing and turning. Around 1:30 I hear crying. Now if it doesn't stop right away I usually go in and check. I walk in and Alex has slid off the bed under the rail. So his feet are on the floor and his head and shoulders are trapped by the rail. I slide him back up through, check him over then get him settled on his pillows again. I guess the reason this hasn't happened before is I usually leave his elmo goodnight book open in front of the rail so he can push the buttons and listen to the music as he drifts off. Ken didn't when he put him to bed that night. I may have to tell Ken about that trick.

So everyone keep your fingers crossed that the baby co-operates Friday. I have stuff to do as long as I know if it's a boy or girl. If not we're in limbo.

No comments: