Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I found out when I got home last night that my son wasn't eating yesterday just to spite me. I came home and Ken told me not five minutes after I left Alex ate the entire fruit cup I'd put out for his snack as well as both crackers with peanutbutter. He also ate a good portion of his dinner an hour later. Yesterday he wouldn't eat. He barely had breakfast I made lunch for him and put out two cookies (big mistake) he ate the cookies and didn't touch anything else. When he asked for more cookies I told him no. I also refused to give him his cup of milk after his nap until he ate. Because he will fill up on milk and not eat. Obviously he was hungry, it's kind of funny guess I get to look forward to more of these little battles, seeing who is more stubborn.

The shower I was at Saturday was nice. It was so good to see Monette she was just glowing. It was also nice to see her and Tony together in person. Their love of each other and laughter just shines through. Alex liked the room we the shower was held in. The air/heating vent was in a bench that ran along the window. It looked just like train tracks. So he was all set and ran his trains up and down the room most of the afternoon. Monette has twin nephews a few months younger than Alex. One of them would come up grab a train run it down the wall, drop it then take off. He'd be back five minutes later to do it all again. At first Alex got all protective of his trains and would wrap his arms around his favorite ones. By the end of the afternoon he just kind of shrugged it off. He may get the hang of this sharing thing yet.

So today Alex and I got out the fingerpaints. It kept him occupied for a good hour and a half. I think I shot over a hundred images. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad.

No comments: