Thursday, August 30, 2007

Catching up

catching up on a weeks worth of prompts


Blog Prompt 8/24: One food you would never give up is...

Ice cream is the one thing I could never give up. It's a habit for everyone on my mom's side of the family and we keep passing it on down.

Blog Prompt 8/27: What are your 10 favorite words.

monkey
munchkin
cumbersome
honey
photoshop
digiscrap
silly
red
snapdragon
pesto

guess this is kind of a mixed bag of words isn't it. Some I like the sound of, some I like what they represent and some I just say all the time.

Blog Prompt 8/28: Describe the most serious illness you have ever had.

I would have to say when I got strep throat about 15 years ago. It was the worst thing in the world not to even be able to swallow water. I was running a fever, couldn't even sleep because i hurt so bad. That being said I can say I've been very lucky and never had anything worse.

Blog Prompt 8/29: Today is More Herbs, Less Salt Day. What herb(s) do you like in your food?

ithas to be garlic because if I'm going to replace salt with anything that would be it.Now I do have some other favorites, basil, oregano, cilantro, coriander and paprika.

Blog Prompt: Just call me nosy Rosy! I had to defrost my freezer this month in hopes of repairing it, which we did. It amazed me to find stuff in there that I had forgotten about! Name 5 things in your freezer right now.

This I will have to remember off the top of my head, since I'm not home to actually look. We have peas, meatballs, butterfinger ice cream (well we did when I left it could be gone at this point if Ken finished it)pillsbury biscuits, and pork chops. There is more stuff I'm sure bat that's what I can remember.

Can I say I love my mom. For the last year when ever I visit she get's me an appointment with her massage therapist and watches my kids for an hour. I'd do this at home but Ken as been gone to often the evenings I have free he's usually out of town. very frustrating. I'm hoping that will change once ths program he's working on finishes.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

Ice cream isn't allowed in my freezer or my hubby would eat it all up! I loved your words, especially munchkin! I'm so glad you haven't been seriously ill. Join the rest of us garlic lovers! And, will you lend your mom out to the rest of us?