Thursday, June 14, 2007

Geez I don't know what with me lately, I guess I feel like i don't have much to say. Well some days things happen and I think I should write it down but by the time I get to the computer the moment has passed.

anyway to day was a rough morning. I had all of three hours sleep last night. I've had a sore throat since Friday. The last couple days it's been putting pressure on my right ear making it ache. Not real condusive to sleeping. So Alex woke at 5:30 crying because his blanket was dirty. I go in and it looks like at sometime in the night he had another nose bleed. It must have stopped as quickly as it started because he never woke. The little bit of blood on his blanket and pillow case was dry. I dabbed it off his blanket with a cold damp cloth and told him I'd wash it in the morning. As soon as I got him settled Quin woke. So I fed him and put him back down. An hour later Alex is up at his normal morning hour. The last couple days Ken has been taking him downstairs before he leaves for work to let me sleep a bit more. Today that didn't work.

Do you know how hard it is to explain to a three year old that some of his favorite trains have to be taken away because they could make him sick?
[URL="http://rc2corp.com/company/recalls_Wood_0607.asp"]RC2 recall[/URL]
I told him they had to go away for a while to be fixed. It'll be 6-8 weeks before the replacements arrive. So I get the tears dried and he understands enough that for now they are gone but he'll get them back just like new. It's a little after 7 at this point and Quin wakes up. Doesn't want to feed because he's more interested in what's on TV. I turn it off and he's still looking around because he can hear Alex on the other side of the room playing. I snatch a 45 minute nap on the couch around 7:30.

Get everyone fed and around 9:30 take Quin up for his morning nap. He's cranky and running a low grade fever. I gave him some Tylenol before I took him upstairs. He normally sleeps for two hours in the morning. Not today, I'm bringing him back downstair 45 minutes later. Then Alex want me to entertain him with the hand puppets. This lack of sleep and all the whiney crankiness from both boys is making me even crankier.

Finally noon arrives and I take Alex up for his nap. A half hour later I get Quin settled into another nap. At 1:30 Alex calls down that he is done. He hasn't slept at all I could hear him singing the entire time. So I go up and explain that he can't come downstairs yet because Quin is sleeping. I even told him. "I love you dearly but you are not a quiet boy, the baby isn't feeling well and needs sleep. So I need you to stay up here until the clock says 3, you can read, you can sing, you can play, but you have to stay in your room." He's still up there singing though the silence between songs is getting longer. I'm betting he falls a sleep at quarter of three.

No comments: