Wednesday, November 22, 2006

pull your hair out moments

I thought for sure I was going to have to go up a diaper size already because Quin had blow out for three days in a row starting with Thursday's Playgroup. But he only had one a day and I noticed that in the mornings he only had wet diapers instead of every one being both. I figured the mid day blow outs were due to him holding it in in the mornings. We hadn't had problems today, or yesterday.

I almost had Quin napping in his crib. We got everything put together last week. I decided Friday to start putting him in it for naps. He was asleep I put him in and went downstairs. First thing Alex asks "Where's the baby?" I tell him asleep in his crib. Alex raced upstairs to look. He doesn't understand quiet or indoor voice yet. So he's talking a mile a minute at full volume. He's also trying to climb into the crib. First he tries my nursin stool but since it's slanted, didn't work so well. Then he started to run downstairs to get his stool, but spotted the one he has in the bathroom. Carries it in, sets it next to the crib, climbs up, and keeps asking if "Baby wake up?" I'm like no, it's his nap time let him sleep. At this point it's too late and the baby is awake. Now he won't sleep in there at all. Guess I'll try again in a week or so.Saturday and yesterday were spent cleaning and moving furniture. We finally put the shelves that Ken made up in Alex's room. They've been sitting in the basement for 5 months now. I also have way too much food in my freezers, cupboards and refrigerator. Ken and Su talked again and decided that separate Thanksgivings would be best this year. So I bought stuff for us to have our own. Then Dave calls and tells Ken he's going to VA to get the parents and invited us to Thanksgiving over there. Since his parents will be there we really have to go. I figure we'll have our own Friday, Carol isn't the best cook so we figure we'll need to counteract her food.

Ken got the images for my sister printed and depending what my dad and Donna want to do tomorrow I'll go to Michael's to get a couple more 12x12 frames. I asked my dad to take them up to Erie with him, so my sister will actually get them on her birthday.

I've been thinking alot about family and siblings lately, even before the discussion Ken and my mom got into last weekend. I keep hoping my boys have a good relationship with each other. I watch way too much food network sometimes anyway I see how the Deen boys get along with each other, kind of an easy teasing but loving relationship. I want something like that for my boys. I want them to back each other up, be there even if they feel like killing each other once in a while.

No comments: