Tuesday, November 07, 2006

nothing much

Obviously not much excitement going on here. Two weekends ago was Quin's one month celebration. Ken made an altar/shelf for it. It made his dad really proud of him that he is carrying on family traditions. Actually his dad was pretty impressed with not only Ken's woodworking skills but his workshop as well. (He's added a new table saw as well as a band saw and has plans tacked to the wall on how it'll all be laid out eventually)The one month went pretty well. Only thing that didn't happen like it was supposed to was Alex was to carry he baby around the house to show it to him. He said no, so Ken carried the baby and Alex was the guide. The rest of the week was pretty quiet. Saturday Ken had a wedding and Sunday the big thing was his band saw being delivered. Alex is finally settling back into a schedule, the whole daylight savings ending coming right on top of the baby being here sent him way out of whack. He was awake more at night than Quin.

Today we went over to the Goddard School so I could drop off paperwork, and we could meet Alex's teachers. He actually did pretty well with sharing which surprised me. He also almost followed instructions to sit down. :rotfl:I don't feel so bad that potty training has kinda stalled. I'd say only a third of the class are actually trained, the rest are like Alex, in diapers/training pants and still getting used to the potty with out actually using it regularly.

Thursday we head up to my mom's for her early Thanksgiving. My Aunt Bonnie is going to be there along with two of my cousins. I guess Bonnie told my mom she was having the boys pick her up early so she could spend a lot of the day at the house. Mom told her not to show up before 9:00 because no one would be functioning until then. My mom got me a gift, she scheduled me a massage on Friday with the girl who usually does my step-dad's massage therapy.

I got a call this evening from my dad and surprise, surprise he's coming to visit me. This is the man who the entire 20 years I've been in Maryland has visited me twice, at my college graduation and my wedding. Hense the reason I only go down to visit him once a year. He's not that far from retirement, you would think it would be a bit easier for him to get time off to travel than it is for me or my sister. Karen has had it harder than me because she's had to work around not only her and her husbands work schedule, but the kids school and after school activities.

Anyway he's going up to Erie to see my sister for Thanksgiving. And the way my sister manuvered that was to get his brother, my uncle Don, to agree to go to Erie. Don was pretty excited about it because this way he can take the train from Chicago. He has to fly when he goes to GA for it.
I'll try and get to pictures next.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Got your birth announcement. Adorable. Huge congrats to you and your family.
Love the name Quin, really like it.