Friday, October 26, 2007

So this week started with a bang literally. I get a call Monday morning at 7:00 AM. "Hi Honey, I totaled your car." Ken is fine and I'm really not mad, slightly annoyed and I may be mad once our insurance premium goes up, because he's had three speeding tickets this year as well. The whole reason he had my car is because it's had a huge dent in the driver side door for over a year now. My sister backed her minivan into it when I was up visiting the summer before last. So last spring when Ken found out about all the travel he'd be doing this year we decided it was best he take my car and park it in airport parking becuase another dent or scratch was not going to make a difference in how much we'd get as a trade in from it. Where as the Odyssey is only a year old and we want to keep it running a good long while.

He was heading into the toll booths at the Ft McHenry Tunnel and the guy in front of him stopped short. It was a Ford truck so while the entire front end of my car crumpled the truck only had a tiny scratch. Insurance covers a rental for ten days. And Ken has been car shopping, we're going with another GM car mostly because we have points on our GM car just sitting there and we figure we can get a really good deal on an '07 at this point. He's trying to decide between a Pontiac G6 and the Malibu Maxx. He likes the Maxx because of the hatchback which is good for him getting camera equipment in and out of the car and he like the G6 because it has a V-6 and really smooth ride. We can get the better deal on the Maxx right now, so he's leaning towards that but being a Libra that could change tomorrow. It will go back and forth like this until crunch time, the end of next week.

They say that around one a child's appetite decreases but damn Quin can still put away some food. The other night he had a couple pieces of Alex's chicken. A fifth of my pork chop, some green beans and an entire small sweet potato, it was about an inch and a half in diameter and between 4 and 5 inches long. Alex never ate a lot to begin with so it did worry me a bit when he was basically down to one meal a day between the ages of 12 months and 30 months. He's better now but Quin still out eats him. He's definately going to be the big little brother.

Quin is also at that hard age where he's goiong down to one nap. So I've been trying to push his morning nap back but I can only do that so much. Three days a week I have to pick Alex up at preschool at 1pm. So putting him down later than 11am isn't an option at the moment. And he's just too cranky for words to let him go until after we get back from getting Alex. I'm seriously going to think about letting Alex stay all day at school those three days come spring.

We've had two and a half days of rain. I'm sure we've made a small dent in the drought conditions at this point. Looks like we can expect more tomorrow. So I need to figure out what to do with two kids for the day if I don't want to be trapped in the house with them by myself all day. At least today was Ken's normal friday off, so we could trade through out the day. Hmmm maybe that's why I woke with a migraine this morning. I know if you're trying to get pregnant you're not supposed to use advil but extra strength tylenol does nothing for my migraine but I figure it's early enough in this cycle it won't matter. It's better than being in pain all day.

okay that all that's new for right now.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

Glad your husband's okay but I can relate to the inconvenience. Nothing is worse than not having a car! I am a Libra also and hate having to make major decisions. Hope it all works out!