Wednesday, January 31, 2007

talking trash

So I didn't make it in here yesterday. Seems a certain someone decided he didn't want to sleep and even though I put him to bed at 9:30 like normal he was up a half hour later. Took me until 11 to get him down for the night so I had some tea and went to bed myself after that.

This is a little weirdness that happened Monday. We put our trash out for pick up in the morning. Around ten I heard what I thought was a truck go by so I check and see if trash was picked up so I could bring the can in. I noticed the lid was missing so I go out and it's halfway down the cul de sac. I get it and bring it back at first thinking nothing of it, it was windy and I didn't put it on tightly. As I put it back on I notice a trash bag in there that wasn't one of ours and the bag below it was torn. The can itself wasn't lying on it's side so I don't think a dog got to it. But why would some random person throw their trash in our can, and I'm not talking about someone cleaning a few fast food bags out of the car, I'm talking about a kitchen bag of trash. I know it wasn't a neighbor because they all had their own cans out. Just weird, was someone trying to steal trash, our bag tore and didn't have anything useful in it so they dumped the bag from the last house in too? Who knows, it's just I feel like I now have to watch my trash when I put it out. Not that they'll find anything but food scraps and diapers. We recycle all paper and cans and anything important is shredded before being recycled.

No comments: