Friday, January 26, 2007

Funny Creatures

Babies are funny creatures. I mentioned Monday how Quin would only sleep if I was holding him and within minutes of setting him down he'd wake up screaming. Wednesday was the opposite. I was bouncing him on my knee reading e-mail about 20 minutes before we had to get ready to go pick up Alex. I look down his head is flopped to the side and he's asleep. I wrestled him into his coat and strapped him into the carrier and the only reaction I got was a single whine. He didn't even crack open his eyes like he normally does to see what was going on. Of course he also slept ten hours that night. Most nights lately he sleeps 8 hours waking around 5am for a feeding before going back to sleep for another 2-3 hours. I had to get him up at 7:30 to feed and dress him, then let him go back to sleep while I got the house ready for Alex's birthday party.

The party went really well. The big issue with 2 1/2-3 year olds is sharing. We had a little crying and a time out at the begining of the party. There are some kids he has no problem sharing with and others he won't share with. He's know these kids since he was 8-9 months old. This one little girl in particular must just push his buttons because anytime she sits in any of his "chairs" he pitches a fit.

School is going well. He tells me in the morning he's staying home but as soon as we get there he's all excited. He's participating in class really well this week and this morning he gave me a hug and a kiss and told me to go home.

Today I'm gonna do a little house cleaning, tomorrow afternoon my ILs will all be here for a birthday dinner. Sunday at work I'll have to notify them of a schedule change. Ken doesn't want me to have to leave work because he sees how much better I do if I get out away from the kids for a few hours a week. He's all worried about how things will be with all the travel he has for work between Feb and July. He doesn't want to come home and find us one child short. It looks like Monday is his travel day and most weeks he'll be back Thursday night or Friday afternoon. So I can still work Sundays but it looks like I need to change Mondays for Fridays.

New picture in my gallery.

No comments: