Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ghostlight and Life

okay I think I figured out the reason for the freak out. The plug in vaporizer I bought had a little night light on it. The light was blue. In Cars the character Mater is always talking about the ghostlight, which is blue. So I think the blue light in his room scared him. As soon as I took it out of his room, no more random crying at night, no more fighting nap and bedtime.

Their imaginations really do run wild at this age don't they. I think Alex is starting to like school. He was actually talking on Friday and today he was participating in activities and playing with the other kids. I give him an hour once we get home to wind down and he goes right up for a nap.
This was a huge relief today because Quin was being a pistol. It was just one of those days. Once he got up this morning he wouldn't sleep for more than ten minutes at a time unless I was holding him. So if I needed to do anything like eat, use the bathroom, shower, it was to the sound of Quin screaming at the top of his lungs. This also meant he was nursing a lot more than normal so that I had almost no recovery time. Needless to say I was happy I was going to work tonight, even if I did forget my dinner.

Busy week getting ready for Alex's birthday. We'll have a party for playgroup on Thursday, then I'm making something for him to take to school Friday and Saturday his actual birthday I've invited Ken's family over for dinner. I found a chicken parmasan recipe a couple weeks ago and tried it out. So that's what I'm making. It's funny I rememeber my mom making it when I was a kid but it always seemed like a lot of work for her so I'd never actually made it myself. This recipe is baked so I drop the frying step. It was really nice.

I always make the cake for the family dinner but I decided to make his cake for playgroup this year too. I just don't feel like spending $25 on a cake. I know a couple of the grocery stores around here have pretty good cakes, oh I don't know, I'm just feeling cheap I guess. I rather spend the money on a book for him.

The travel Ken's been talking about having to do for work is looking like a lot. He gave me worse case scenario. From end of Feb to July he might be gone 3 weeks each month. He did say that, it hopefully won't be that bad because there are now three teams to do the work instead of two. We'll see. If it's that bad I'll have to quit working. With Alex going to school we can't afford daycare for Quin and I would have to work full time to make it worth while. That's not something I want to do. It does look like I will get album design work from the photographer that Ken freelances for from time to time so if I can get two-three albums a week, I'll earn what I was getting at the store. (Though I do lose my discount, which was mostly why I was staying, that and my sanity, getting out of the house a few hours a week, without kids, is definately a need.)And I'll put in a quarter of the time.

No comments: