Wednesday, April 26, 2006

How is it that my son annoys and frustrates me but at the same time makes me laugh. He's too damn cute for his own good. I've mostly gotten used to adding the extra 10 minutes it takes to actually get him into his carseat when we go anywhere. I've added the time in whenever I actually have an appointment that I have to be at. When I'm just running errands I don't usually worry about it because I don't have to be anywhere at any time. Yesterday I was at Hallmark getting a stack of mothers day cards for various family members as well as gift bags for the two baby showers I'm going to.

So we're done with that and head out to the car. Alex decides he wants to wander the parking lot. (it's not very big) But he won't hold my hand, every time I got a hold of it he'd flop down on the ground. I don't mind him walking around to look at stuff but [B]he's going to hold my hand if there are cars around.[/B] He has no choice in that matter. My Left hand is full not only with the stuff I purchased but also all the stuff he insists we bring with us where ever we go. I'm very frustrated at this point and just hook my right arm around his chest and carry him over to the car.

As soon as I set him down he runs to the hedge that separates the lot from the road. Since he's between my car and another and I have the rear passenger door open he's not going anywhere unless he goes past me. By the time I dump everything in the car, he runs up and climbs in. I'm thinking we might actually get going to our next stop in a couple minutes. Wrong. He goes right past his carseat and climbs in to the driver seat, then sees stuff sitting on the front passenger seat, so he must investigate. (He saw me buy the stuff but still has to look. :rolleyes: ) At this point I just lay my head on my arm against the car roof. Then he starts playing peek-a-boo with me using the headrest. I shake my head nad laugh. It took a few more minutes to get him in his seat and buckled up. Leaving Target was nearly as bad. It's so hard when you just want to get going but have a toddler all of whom are natural lollygaggers. I think this has been a harder test of my patience than getting Ken to make a decision.

No comments: