Friday, July 27, 2007

Blog prompts

I keep meanign to do this maybe it'll keep me posting on a regular basis. Anyway over at DSP they have a blog prompt challenge. We'll start with todays, and move back from there maybe I'll make it a habit.

What was the last movie that made you really laugh? Or do you have one you've seen over and over and still makes you laugh?

The last movie to really make me laugh was Dodgeball with Vince Vaughn and Ben Stller. We watched it 3 times in a row on DVD and them Ken went and bought it for me for my birthday. Though off the to of my head I can't think of one that over time still cracks me up. No wait that's wrong, Monty Python's Holy Grail still makes me crack up and going with that a Fish Called Wanda, must be John Cleese.

Thursday Prompt Make up a great excuse why you can't work today.
My excuse yesterday was I took the kids to the farm fair and we were all exhausted when we got home around 2:30 so nothing else got done.

Wednesday Prompt Stand in a favorite spot in your house, garden, wherever and describe it for us in detail.

We're out on the deck under our blue canopy. I love sitting in our cast iron chairs at the table because they rock. The tables set and canopy are set up right where the deck bends to wrap around the house. The grills are off to the right (yes grills one gas, one charcoal)almost directly in line with the french doors to the family room so Ken can bring dinner in quickly if we decide not to eat outside. In the spring my two azalea bushes bloom the flowers peeping through the rails of the deck, white to the right red to the left. Between the red azalea and the oak tree my husband has our canoe set up on saw horses. I hung the butterfly house my sister gave me this year in the oak tree just above the steps to the patio.

It'll be only a year or two more before we have to replace at least part of the wood on the deck. I love to be barefoot in the summer but the risk of splinters any more makes that hard. The only place that is safe is the 8 foot square area by the doors covered by one of those green outdoor rugs. Which reminds me I really need to hose down and scrub the kids toys that have been sitting out all spring/summer. They're getting pretty dirty. And I'm sure one of these days we'll get around to landscaping the back. Maybe leveling things a bit and putting in a retaining wall so that there is room for a play area for the kids. Maybe stairs cut into the hill so it's easier to use the flat clearing at the top for something other than weeds and overgrowth.

well that's all I have time for now the munchkin is awake.

No comments: