Friday, February 16, 2007

someone needs attention

I think I figured out why I'm not posting much lately. It's really hard to type one handed. So I lurk. Quin has gotten to the age where he needs to be entertained. He does play by himself pretty well but those ten-fifteen minutes I tend to use for things like eating, light chores, showers. So even on the mornings Alex is in school it seems I can read but not post because as soon as I start to type someone starts fussing.

Valentines day wasn't bad even with all the ice and snow. I had gotten Ken's gift Monday. So we open cards and gifts after dinner then had the coldstone ice cream I picked up for dessert.

I hve figured out for every good day Alex has he'll have 2-3 bad days after that. We are trying something new. I have a job chart for him with 5 jobs, he gets a star for each one he does a day and when he gets 25 stars he'll get a prize. This first round it's DJ from[I] Cars[/I]. We started with Brushing Teeth, using the Potty, Clean up your Mess, No Whining and try new foods. He's not doing too bad most days he gets 2 or 3 stars. Tuesday was a bad day no stars at all. And DJ is sitting up on the top of the fridge as a reminder. Next round I think I'm going to change out Brushing Teeth, for Please and Thank you. I'm getting tired of the demands for things. Though lately just reminding him seems to work.

No comments: