Wednesday, February 28, 2007

No Pants

Today was supposed to be no pants day. I was going to have Alex in no pants, no pull-ups, hoping he'd get the connection between the urge to go and using the potty instead of his pull-up. Well Ken stayed home sick. he got the same cold I hd last week and of course because he's male it's ten times worse than what I had. (yeah sure, you get to be lazy and sleep half the day when you're sick I don't)I had planned it for a Tuesday because that is the one day all week we're usually not doing anything. No school, no work, no playgroup, so I hole up in the house and spend the morning in my PJs, cleaning house, until the kids take their afternoon name then I go shower and get dressed.
Now I have to put this off until we get back from my Dad's house. We're going down there next week, a week earlier than planned, because Ken has a trip to SC the following week. This whole month is going to suck. Ken has travel every week, even though he's home weekends. It means I get no break from the kids Monday-Thursday one week Friday. He did promise to take me out to dinner, sans kids, for my birthday the last weekend in March. I'm just glad I'll be at my dad's while he's working next week. He'll be in TN about an hour and a half from my dad's in GA. He'll come back Thursday night and hang with us until we drive home. I hope I can get my dad to do a family portrait of us. I'm figuring we're not at home maybe, just maybe Alex will sit still for a few shots.I also want a casual portrait of just me and Ken. (another page idea, it's funny sometimes I get page ideas and have to go out and shoot photos for them instead of the usual making pages from existing photos)
I start a CS2 class online the 18th and have another more advanced one in May. The guy Ken will be doing weddings for this year is sending me his design software, so once I get used to that they'll start sending me design work. I'll try and get on again before we go and post photos for the last week or so. I've got a lot of pages too. I guess I've come out of my creative slump.

No comments: