Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A month of Thankfulness

November is always a reminder to say thanks for many things. I'm trying to follow along with the blog promts over at DSP. Since I get here once a week if I'm lucky I've got a few days to catch up on.

11/1 What Family members are you thankful for and why?

First up would be my husband. For all his quirks and annoyances I love him. He balances me. I've had to learn patience and to step back on certain decisions instead of jumping in and just taking care of things. He can't make a quick decision at all, well most of the time. And if it's something that doesn't really impact the family I just make a few points or suggestions and step back. Ten years ago that would have been very hard. But it's made me better able to deal with the insanity that is a three year old.

Next are my boys. I love them to death and no matter how much they drive me crazy I would never change the fact that they are here. I feel like I have to be a better person for them. And it makes me try harder to be a better person, to count to ten and step away instead of getting frustrated and losing my temper.

Last would be my mom. She always encouraged me to be me. She was my strongest supporter and now she's me inspiration. The strength and courage it has taken these last few years to deal with breast cancer. She speaks her mind a lot more and she's learned to let go a lot of baggage from her life. Because somethings are just so much more important.

11/2 What Kitchen things re you thankful for?

My oven one of may favorite things to do is bake. Cookies are top on the list.

My hand mixer w/ a whisk blade. This thing makes it so much easier to make light and fluffy frostings and chocolate cheese pie. My husband is ever grateful for me introducing him to chocolate cheese pie.

the tea pot once the weather gets cooler our nightly ritual is to relax and have a hot cup of tea befor bed.

11/5 Give three or more reasons why you're thankful for Autumn

The crisp scent in the air

I love fall light for photographs it has such a warm tone.

and this goes back to when I was a kid, school starts again

11/6 What jobs do other people hold are you thankful for?

Emergency workers, their help in a crisis can be the difference between life and death

Garbage collectors, it's a dirty job but necessary for keeping our cities and towns healthy

Farmers with out them I wouldn't have food on my plate, they work a long day with out much thanks

11/7 Think of all the new things on the market since our parents were young and what they had to work with. What cleaning supplies are you thankful for?

swiffer
furniture wipes
stain and spot removers

heh caught up just in time for the weekend

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I'm glad you are thankful for your mom and I hope you let her know often. Now that my mom is gone, I really miss her and wished I told her more how glad I was that she was my mom. Love all your other responses too!